Testing Hacks: Hollywood Brows


Neutrogena soap testing soap brows pixiwoo


One of my favorite youtube channels has to be Pixiwoo-- and a few weeks ago Sam uploaded a video all about, what she called,  Hollywood Brows or rather plainly put soap brows.  Essentially, this technique which involves soap and water is supposed to give the illusion of fuller brows.  As I have been loving the fluffy brow trend I decided to give this technique a try!
What you will need: 
1. bar of Soap (Sam suggests that you use a clear soap bar to avoid it drying white)
2. Water 
3. a Spooly (I bought mine from Elf for $1)
4. Optional- You can add extra brow products in after if you feel you need them a bit more filled in.

Overall, it seemed pretty easy and achievable.  Probably the hardest part for me was finding a clear bar of soap, but I have found that as long as you get your water to soap ratio right you need not worry!

The result: 
Overall I do think this provides a very natural and much fuller brow look; however, personally I feel I can achieve a similar style with my L'oreal brow stylist plumper and it's much easier.  What do you think?
Soap eyebrows before and after
On the left Brows with no soap- ---  On the right Brows with soap




7 comments:

  1. I think your brows look really nice! I haven't actually gotten around to watching the pixiwoo video yet but I think I really should as I know a lot of people are using this technique.

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You definitely should check it out, I had never heard of this before having watched that video.

      Delete
  2. First off, you have gorgeous brows! Second, I agree that the photos don't seem to far off. I too achieve this 'feathered' look with a brow gel as well and I think it works just as great! :)

    -Emily www.coatandcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many hacks out there these days and I swear some are created just so the blogger could say 'hey, look at me coming up with this'. I don't think this hack is necessary at all and yes, it can easily be achieved with L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your brows look awesome, you can definitely get this look without all the hassle though!
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The post is so great! I love it:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so much about this brow hack I definitely need to try it! My brows have a hard time staying in place.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog!

Powered by Blogger.