Skincare Must Haves

Witch Hazel Hydrocolloid adhesive pads Neutrogena rapid clear


I have suffered with acne since I was 12 years old and finally at the ripe old age of 23 (almost 24), I have managed to get a handle on it largely in part to Curology-- that's a story for another blog post though!
Today I wanted to talk a bit about the products that have helped me maintain clear (ish) skin and that seriously work!

  1. First off Witch Hazel !!  At the moment I have the Dickinson's brand witch hazel but I actually prefer the Thayers rose scented Witch Hazel.  They both work very similarly, however, the biggest distinction is the smell-- to me the scent of witch hazel just isn't very pleasant, it's not something that lingers at all so I get over it pretty quickly. However, if I were to repurchase this product again I would opt for the rose scented one by Thayers.  I really love using witch hazel throughout the day when I'm just bumming it at home, I tend to get extremely oily and over washing your face will just led to irritation.  Therefore, instead I simply will take a cotton pad and wipe this all over my skin and bam it is instantly refreshed! This product never dries out my skin or leaves it feeling tight-- instead it just gets rid of any excess oil.
  2. The Neutrogena Rapid Clear face mask is another product that I just simply love for my acne prone skin.  My skin as of late has really been responding well to spot treatments, and when I apply this to an active breakout within the next 2 days it is either completely gone or significantly healed. It contains 2.5% benzoyl peroxide which means it won't over dry your skin but still be enough to heal your acne. I like to apply a generous amount to each spot and then go to bed.
  3. Finally, hydrocolloid pads are amazing for deep cystic acne that just don't respond to spot treatment! These really changed the game for me, I found out about these from Youtuber Rachel Whitehurst, and let me tell you these are fantastic!  I use these whenever I have a pimple that just will not come to a head or is looking massive.  I just cut a piece of the pad, apply it to my pimple and then leave it overnight. By the next morning, I promise, you will be both amazed and disgusted.  This stuff just somehow magically draws out all the gross stuff to the surface, which means you can then begin to treat it with you favorite acne spot treatment! I found mine at CVS, but I'm sure you could find these at any drugstore.


Overall, these three products have been lifesavers for me! What are some of your must have skincare products?

6 comments:

  1. I don't have acne prone skin but I do get the occasional pimple that refuses come to head so thank you so much for the introduction to the hydrocolloid pads! I'll need to look for it the next time I'm at the drugstore.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are miracle workers and they last a very long time since you really only need a small piece each time! Thanks for stopping by!
      -StephanieC

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any of these but they sound lovely, my skincare saviour is Liz Earle cleanse and polish :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been really enjoying them! Oh that sounds interesting!! I will have to check it out! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Great post, the pads sound excellent - I think I'll recommend them to my sister as she struggles with acne x
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and they really are great-- hopefully they work out for her!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog!

Powered by Blogger.