Products I Regret Buying #2

L'oreal Miss Manga Covergirl Clean Matte Elf eyebrow Milani lipstick Maybelline Master graphic eyeliner

Today I thought I would talk about products I regret buying; since it seems I have collected quite a few products that I was extremely excited to try out but just fell flat for me.

Maybelline Master Precise Graphic Eyeliner
Swatch of Maybelline Master Graphic Eyeliner

This past year I have really steered clear of eyeliner, but with the graphic liner trend coming into full force I decided to pick up a eyeliner to try out.  I think what drew me to the Maybelline Master Graphic liner was the shape of the felt tip; I figured that it would be perfect for creating a quick and easy cat eye.  I actually have nothing against the applicator, in fact, I quite like it!  The problem for me is the formula: simply put it sucks!  It lacks major pigmentation and if you wanted to go back to make the color more opaque it lifts off the previous layer.  Additionally, it doesn't last at all! It begins to flake off within the first hour and almost seems to vanish into thin air by the end of the day.  If you have oily or even mildly watery eyes stay far away from this product.  This is such a shame since I actually do enjoy the applicator.

L'oreal Miss Manga Mascara Wand

Moving on to another eye product that seriously disappointed me-- the L'oreal Miss Manga mascara.  I wasn't originally drawn to this mascara when it first hit shelves, but after hearing Jackie Aina on YouTube rave about this product I knew I had to pick it up.  I knew going into it that this mascara was going to be clumpy and give  those "spidery" lashes; which to be honest I don't mind especially if I have a very intense eye look going on I almost want really fake looking lashes.  The problem for me was that this mascara didn't give me length or volume just clumpy lashes.  Also the wand bends, but I actually don't find that useful at all! In fact I think it makes it harder to really wiggle the wand and get right up into the lash base.  Overall, this mascara is a hard pass for me personally.  I much prefer the Covergirl Super Sizer mascara which gives me both length and volume.

ELF instant lift brow pencil


Eyebrows on fleek? Yeah not with this product.  I was over the moon when I saw  this Elf instant lift brow pencil at Target, but it just really didn't live up to the hype.  First off, the tip became rounded on the first use not to mention it is quite large which makes it really hard to draw in individual brow hairs.  Secondly, the formula itself is very soft and creamy.  For brow products I personally prefer for them to be a bit stiffer so that I can get the color pay off and the shape that I want.  With it being so creamy and soft you would think well it must be super pigmented then.  But no it isn't, which again if this were a stiffer formula that would be perfect, but with it being so soft and creamy that means I have to press harder to get any color to show up.  Overall, I can't get an accurate shape or color pay off with this product.  The lasting power isn't the greatest either; again I think it has to do with the ultra creamy formula.  To add insult to injury the cap on the spooly end broke on my second use so now it is constantly falling off.

Milani Amore matte lip creme shade 15 Gorgeous

The next disappointing product was one that I am probably the saddest about: the Milani Amore Matte lip cremes.  These were originally limited edition, and people lost their minds (me being one of them).  I missed out on the initial limited edition batch, which so many people raved about, but then to my delight Milani released more and I was finally able to track them down.  The display I saw was mostly picked over, but I manged to get the shade 15 Gorgeous-- and truly it is a gorgeous red shade. I have no complaints about the color or the initial application.  The wand is amazing, the color is seriously pigmented, it's creamy, smells amazing and drys quickly.  My one complaint is how flaky these are, it is ridiculous.  It doesn't matter how well moisturized my lips are or if I exfoliate beforehand.  This will flake-- every single time!  For me personally, having a liquid lipstick that is flaky is akin to the kiss of death.  Still, if somehow that issue could be fixed these would be at the top on my favorite liquid lipstick list.  I have heard people say that the formula from the first batch and second differs, but has anyone tried the newest shade releases? Are they any better?

Covergirl Clean Matte BB cream shade 530 light/medium

Finally, my latest addition to the regret pile is the highly raved about CoverGirl Clean Matte BB cream.  I heard so many people raving about this product that I was sure it was going to be amazing!  People claimed that this product would provide full coverage and to top it off would control oil: two of my favorite things.  Now I will say that compared to other BB creams this one definitely has better coverage.  That being said the way this looks on my skin alone makes it a regret.  It just clings to everything, makes my bronzer/blush look muddy, emphasizes my pores and breaks up terribly around my nose.  And probably the most disappointing for me personally is that this did nothing for my oily skin, in fact I probably looked worse than usual by the end of the day.  I have tried using this with a sponge and a brush-- and it looks equally as bad with both.  The one pro I have is probably the shade selection it's pretty decent as far as BB creams go.

Have you tried any of these products? If you have, and you loved them, please leave me some tips on how to use them!

11 comments:

  1. That mascara wand looks horrendous! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, I just didn't understand the need for the bendy bit LOL!! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I love posts like this! They're so honest and helpful. I definitely would not try that Maybelline liner. It looks like a permanent marker, haha. I have the Miss Manga mascara and have had it for a while. But I haven't reached for it in so long! I can't even remember if I liked it or not lol. I'll give it a go again soon.

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree I love hearing about what didn't work out! It really does look like one, but the formula was just awful! I'd be interested to know how you got on with it!

      Delete
  3. I also did NOT get on with Miss Manga - I didn't like the look it gave and totally agree the wobbly wand is really annoying!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same I just did not get why they added that wobbly wand; it made applying the product difficult! Glad you get it LOL

      Delete
  4. I am the opposite as Miss Manga looks great on my lashes but Super Sizer clumps like hell! LOL! It goes to show how individual mascaras are.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything in makeup is so individual, I originally got the Miss Manga because it looked amazing on other people-but it just didn't work out for me. I still think it looks great on other people

      Delete
  5. I actually love the Miss Manga and I've repurchased it twice now haha, interesting to see what works for one doesn't always work for the other :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it really is funny; there is no universal product! I love the way it looks on other people, but it just didn't work well for me. But oh well on to the next mascara LOL :)

      Delete
  6. It's a shame these products didn't work out for you :/ I was gonna try that eyeliner but maybe not anymore!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog!

Powered by Blogger.