Makeup to Transition into Fall

Makeup instagram
I am beyond excited for the approaching Fall season, since that means cooler weather, fall fashion and of course getting to bust out all my darker makeup shades.  Yes, I know, you can wear whatever color you wish regardless of the time of year.  However, I for one hate wearing anything besides the occasional BB cream in 100+ degree Texas weather--Nope nope and nope.  But with the weather already dipping into a much more bearable 80+ degrees I am so excited to start experimenting with darker tones!  There are definitely some products that I have been gravitating too as of late.
Viseart Dark Matte Palette review
For starters the Viseart Dark Matte Palette is a must have now come the fall season.  Yes I absolutely fell into the hype surrounding this product, and I can honestly say it was worth it.  This palette blows any other eyeshadow formula out of the water, the colors are richly pigmented and vibrant-- and yet they blend out like a dream.  Not only that but the colors are perfect for Fall! The palette has rich reds, oranges, plums, classic browns and even blues and greens.  These colors are all what I expect to be most worn during the Fall season. Now I wouldn't say that this palette is a one stop shop (although I have used it by itself multiple times), this is definitely something I see as a palette base.  As the name suggests all the shades are matte which is perfect because you can always add a shimmery shade from a different palette or if you want to stick to the all matte look leave it as is.  My one tip with this palette is to wait for it to go on sale-- yes it is beautiful, but if you are patient you can score a good deal on it!

Another, product that has made its way into my current beauty drawer has to be the NYX soft matte lip creams.  These have been on the market for ages, but they are still a solid product! I really love the texture, they are a mousse consistency as opposed to the more typical liquid consistency being seen in liquid lipsticks on the market today.  They don't dry quickly but I enjoy that aspect because it means I can layer colors and not have to worry about messing up the first application. Additionally, if you are anything like me and dry lips are your BFF in the winter then these are your safest bet.  I really don't feel like these excessively dry out my lips at all, which is wonderful since my lips can tend to get even more dry during the colder months.  I have the shades San Paulo and Monte Carlo-- perfect red shades for fall!
Another product that I pull out every single fall season without fail has to be my Bare Minerals blush in Horizon.  This blush is a reddish orange color, is almost completely matte but I would say it leans more towards the satin range. It just gives the most beautiful luminosity to the skin.  Sadly, this exact shade is no longer available but still I would recommend trying out a Bare minerals blush if you haven't already.  I feel that they often get overlooked, but the formula of their blushes is truly lovely and glides on the skin beautifully without emphasizing pores or dry patches.
Speaking of blush, during the cooler months I tend to gravitate towards cream blushes.  I think I just love the added luminosity the creamy formula brings to my skin-- it can really wake up an otherwise tired complexion. I don't have a ton of cream blushes in my collection but the one I am currently using is the Maybelline Master Glaze blush sticks-- I have the shades Make a Mauve and Pink Fever.  These products are no longer sold online, however,  I still see them in stores and usually for a discount!  If you are seeing that your skin looks a bit dull during the colder months give a cream blush a try, there are so many different brands that carry them and they can really perk up your skin.
LA Girl Pro BB Cream Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream
When my skin does start to get a bit dry I really hate to layer on a heavier foundation, therefore I tend to opt for BB creams that are lightweight!  The two that I currently have in rotation are the LA girl Pro BB cream and the Covergirl Clean Matte BB cream.  I personally might be the only person on this planet that is not a huge fan of the Covergirl Clean Matte BB cream, I actually don't care for it-- I find that it just doesn't blend well and applies quite patchy to certain areas of my skin. However, it does have good coverage something the LA girl Pro BB Cream does not.  Still the LA girl BB cream has amazing texture, it almost feels like a gel, and it blends so beautifully on my skin.  Therefore, mixing both of them together has been working out well for me.
Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer
Another product that I love to use to warm up my complexion is bronzer-- and my new holy grail has to be the Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer.  The smell alone is amazing, but the packaging was really what sold me.  Now I actually haven't had the best luck with the Physicians Formula brand, most of the products I have tried in the past have been duds no pigmentation or very little.  This product, however, hit it out of the ball park.  The color is subtle but is pigmented enough that you can layer it up.  It's not completely matte, more of a satin, but contains no glitter that is going to emphasize any texture issues.  The formula is so smooth, it really is like butter!! My only complaint would be the color selection-- light bronze and bronze are the only shades available.  Still I owned both of them and ended up giving away bronze because I was satisfied with the way light bronze looked on my complexion.  Hopefully, they come out with more shades for deeper complexions soon!
Covergirl super sizer mascara
Finally, in Fall one product that I love using is mascara.  I mean I really load up on mascara, especially since my eye makeup starts to get darker and more smokey I need a mascara that I can layer up and it will really make my lashes stand out!! I'm not a huge fan of false lashes, maybe one day I will be, but for now I rely heavily on mascara to give me the best lashes possible! The Covergirl Super sizer mascara is amazing!! This is a repurchase for me, and can I just say that I never do that-- mascara is my most purchased item I'm really great about throwing them away at the 3 month mark. Not to mention I love trying out new formulas, so for me to repurchase a mascara you know it has got to be amazing! This mascara really gives me length and volume but doesn't look clumpy at all.  I know there is a lot of hype surrounding this product but this is one of the few I feel deserves all the hype!

So there you go makeup items that I feel will really transition well into Fall!
 Fall makeup can be a bit tricky, although it's fun to experiment with bolder colors they can tend to emphasize dry patches or lack luster skin that's almost unavoidable during the cooling months.  Still these products will really help give you a beautiful lit from within look while still giving you all the benefit of  fun bold colors!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely post! That palette definitely screams Fall! :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely the colors scream fall to me too! :)

      Delete
  2. dark mattes would be a great fall edition for the eyes. i reach for a lot of cranberries come fall time. didn't realize i could rock deep reds so well actually.

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I agree reds look so amazing on the eyes, I had always stayed away because I heard they could make you look sick but once I tried it I just loved the way it looked!
      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. The eyeshadow palette looks so pretty!! Lovely post <3

    Amelia | Amelia Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is quite lovely! Thank you for reading! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my god ! That eye shadow palette screams fall!
    www.staceylouisewhite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it?! I'm so happy I snagged it up! Thanks for checking out my blog! :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried any Viseart palettes, but now I'm really tempted to. I need to hunt one down in stores and give them a swatch :)

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, they are such nicely formulated shadows! :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog!

Powered by Blogger.