Love it or Leave it? Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede

11:41 PM



The last two times I had gone to the store I saw a large display filled with these very pretty lipsticks, finally I caved and got the color 001 Silhouette.  Needless to say this is going to be a hate it post.

First off let me tell you some claims this product makes straight from Revlon's website.

  • It's supposed to be velvety soft and moisturizing
  • "Food proof" and you are supposed to be able to "apply once and go"
Both of this claims failed for me.  When I first applied it I thought 'WOW this stuff is so creamy and not drying at all".  The color was a bit more sheer than I would have liked but nothing too bad.  And then it started to "dry" and I use that term lightly; first off it started to get super patchy and secondly it never fully dried instead my lips felt uncomfortably sticky.  And the outer corners of my lipstick looked like it was peeling off.  And this wasn't even 15 minutes into the application.  It never really set, just felt super uncomfortable on.  And it definitely did not survive eating or drinking.  Overall, don't waste your money (another thing that ticks me off is that this was 10 bucks and it's NOT worth it!).   

Pros:
  • Packaging was actually very nice, liked the see through top
  • Very wide range of colors to choose from
Cons:
  • was super drying& felt so sticky I couldn't stand it
  • Started to get patchy very soon after initial application
  • Color pay off was sub-par
  • Doesn't layer well at all
  • Doesn't last long on lips
  • Felt like it never fully set 
Bottom line: There are way better products out there that are actually worth buying, this one not so much.  As far as long lasting products go this one was terrible, didn't last long at all and left my lips feeling so tacky.  Save your cash for another product! 

Thanks for reading! :D more post coming soon! 

-S.C

9 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you on this, a friend gave me one of these and beside hating the color on me, the formula was just terrible. Such a shame! x

    Živa from Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes such a shame because the colors are actually very nice, but its so bad :(

      Delete
  2. great post. would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the review ! would you like to follow each other :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi doll thanks for following my blog dear ! i am following you via GFC#10 its a pink flower Ambi page :) have a lovely weekend ! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Loving your blog :) And thank you so much for following back :)

      Delete
  5. great review! I love the colour of the lipstick!!!
    would you like to follow each other? I'm already following you on GFC, hope you follow back :)
    xo, http://iwriteaboutyou.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Yes it was a lovely color, just wish it was a better formula :/
      And yes I would! Thank you for the follow, I'm following you back now :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog!

Powered by Blogger.