How to Transition into Dark Lip Colors for Fall


Hello everyone! Long time no chat!! Unfortunately with the fall season comes colds, I'm still getting over mine at the moment but I couldn't stay away from the blogging world!

Today I'll be talking about the lipsticks I have been reaching for the most, I actually have these sitting in a cup on my vanity that way they aren't being neglected in a drawer and also so I can quickly decide which one suites me that day.  It has been really lovely in terms of weather here in Texas, lows of 60 and highs of 80 (Fahrenheit).  So in my opinion it's not yet time to be rocking the deep dark colors.  So instead I'll be sharing some of my favorite colors for transitioning into those darker colors!


I put my lip products in here so I can easily see what I have instead of neglecting certain colors due to laziness. LOL 







I've been loving wearing sheered out red toned lip colors, I sheer them out by applying with a lip brush. It not only gives you a more precise application but also more control of how much product you want.  For days that I want a more natural look I'll grab my Mary Kay True Dimensions lipstick in Natural Beaute (which I am in LOVE with!! *Squeal* look at that packaging! Review on these awesome lipsticks coming soon!). I also have been reaching for one of my NYC lip balms.  If I'm feeling more courageous then I will apply Maybelline's Super Stay 14 hour wear lipstick in "Please Stay Plum", for now I'm sheering it out with my lip brush because I don't feel like it's time to be rocking the full out dark sensual look just yet.  I like that look for colder weather (anyone else?).

Recap:

  • When using bolder colors use a lip brush to sheer out the color as well as to really get a precise application. 
  • Put a gloss over a brighter color to give it a 'softer' appearance
  • When wearing a dark plum color add a plum colored blush to bring back color to the rest of your face without having it clash with your lipstick.  
  • Wear lip balms that offer good color pay off, it won't be as bold but it will still give you nice color for the transition into fall lipsticks
  • If you are too scared to wear plums then start off with reds, even just a red tinted lip balm! (baby steps!!)
  • Lastly, have at least one natural color in your every day stash that way if you decide you want a bold eye you don't overdue it with your lips as well.  Choose one feature and mute down the others.  


Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post, tomorrow I'll see about updating this post with pictures of myself actually wearing the lip colors shown! :D 
Also remember this is just my personal taste, you can rock whatever you want!

P.S what are your favorite lip colors of the moment? 

Have a great day! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful colors!!! nice post!!
    Have a nice day!!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Thanks for the g+!! :D Love your blog by the way!!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog!

Powered by Blogger.