First Impression: Revlon New Complexion

6:19 PM

Today I thought I'd do a first impression on the Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup.  I was originally looking for a powder foundation, I wanted something that I could take with me on the go to touch up through out the day. Then I saw this product, the display said "cream to powder finish" so I deduced that this was a cream foundation (I should be Sherlock).  The packaging doesn't say how to apply it or what it really is, so I went onto the Revlon website to get more info on what this product claims it can do.  First off the product claims to be "completely undetectable coverage" and also is supposed to start off as a cream but set as a powder.  And it does contain SPF 15, and is oil free.

I applied this product at noon, with a damp sponge (I didn't use the one that came included).  Right off the bat I really liked how well this covered up, but it didn't look cakey.  It also blended like a dream, so easy to work into my skin and it didn't take long at all to finish my entire face.  It did take a little while longer than most foundations to set, and it did feel very soft and smooth.   Now I must say for all over use this product is definitely not for me.  Although it covered up wonderfully and was definitely buildable, my oily skin will not settle for this formulation.  Which is fine I knew that going into this.  I mainly wanted this to touch up around my nose and the rest of my face in general.  I don't like to use concealer because I find them a little bit harder to blend, and they are really full coverage so it can start to look a little heavy.

My skin got really oily within 2 hours (too be expected LOL), but the foundation was still in place, big plus since a lot of makeup would have slipped all over the place.  I then wanted to check how well this product layered this time with a dry sponge.  It went on great and blended wonderfully with the rest of my makeup.  I then applied a setting powder to one side of my face to see how well it lasted with that on top.  I really did like the side with the powder on it.  But I think that's just because in general I prefer matte finishes.

Overall, I think this would work out perfectly if you had dry skin or even oily/combo skin.  But even if you have oily skin, this is still a pretty great foundation, just not a super long lasting one.  I think this will be perfect to carry around in my purse to do quick touch-ups without having that overly powdery face.



Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I do have dry skin so I'll have to give this a try :)

    Great post!

    AJ | TheAJMinute
    @TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please consider following my blog!

Powered by Blogger.